What Life Expects...



I often immerse myself in inspirational books and articles. They help me keep my head about me,  keep my heart in the right space, and keep my soul anchored as I bring songs into the world. A particularly powerful book just had a fierce impact on my life. It's Viktor Frankl's "Man's Search for Meaning." An incredibly powerful book for teaching how not to be run by your circumstances but to choose your reaction to all of life's twists, turns, tragedies, and struggles. One quote that really struck a soul cord in me and a resonate chord as well was the following quote:

"We had to learn ourselves and teach others that it did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us." 

I am about to embark on my first self produced solo album. We're set to record 10 of my original songs. These are all songs that I wrote myself on piano. I couldn't be more thrilled, excited, energized, fired up, inspired and terrified all at the same time. I've got my dream band, a fantastic studio, and all of the rehearsals seem to indicate that the songs will all flourish under the red light.

But one can never be sure or certain and that's what makes the creative process so constantly edgy. You never know you just have to go! Ready, set ...GO!

But every time I feel like running and hiding, I remember that quote and it helps me keep on going. It helps me remember that to contribute something of meaning to the world, with your heart and soul leading the way, is to be aligned with your purpose as a human being.

Music humbles me and honors my soul and I'm so thankful to be on this journey.

every moment grateful,
ak

Comments

Popular Posts